nightfall megan + lola


This past weekend I had a great pleasure to play with Maureen Cracknell's not yet released fabric Nightfall. I absolutely adore the prints and colors in this fabric collection. So, of course I was more than excited to say yes when Maureen asked if I'd make a bag or two using a combination of AGF denim and Nightfall for her Quilt Market booth.


And thus on Friday evening, just about an hour after the mailman dropped off the fabric, I was already excitedly stitching up this Megan bag. I think she is gorgeous, wouldn't you agree? 


I didn't have much fabric to work with (as the strike offs designers receive aren't that huge), so I decided to go with a patchwork top. And, I love it so, so very much. 


And then, since I had a bit more scraps left over, I decided to make a pieced Lola pouch. These little patchwork squares finish at 1" so they were quite fiddly to work with, but definitely worth it.


I used some more AGF denim for contrasting bottom band, zipper binding, as well as the lining. This was my first time working with AGF denim fabric and I was pleasantly surprised at how soft and not at all stiff it is. I'll be definitely getting more of this denim for my future projects.

I have one more bag using Nightfall canvas in the works, I'll be sure to show it to you soon.

Oh, and in case you'd like to make a Megan tote or Lola pouch of your own, both patterns are available  for purchase at my etsy shop.

Wishing you all a wonderfully creative and happy week. Svetlana